Parks and Playgrounds
Open spaces and places to play
Not only is our town very spacious and green on the inside (23 per cent of the town will be parks and open spaces), but we’re also fortunate enough to be right next door to the permanently protected beauty of the Googong Foreshores nature reserve.
So while you’re here, make sure you go fishing and kayaking on Googong Dam, swimming at The Cascades or White Rocks Reserve, or mountain biking, running or hiking the many trails in the area.
In Googong itself, there’s already plenty to keep you outdoors, including six playing fields, eight playgrounds, a pump track, skate park, basketball court, six netball courts, two dog parks and two tennis courts. Ultimately the town will boast eleven playing fields, ten tennis courts, six netball courts, a BMX track, a regional playground, skate park, thirteen local parks, an indoor pool and sports centre, and over 15km of walkways, bike paths and bush trails.
Our current playgrounds include:
- Our all abilities playground, Lovegrove Park, is located on Aprasia Avenue adjacent to the Googong North Village Centre.
- Yerradhang Nguru, Gumnut Playground (shown above), is especially popular and has beautiful views across the Conservation Area. It even has outdoor ping pong tables (BYO bat and balls). It is located at 65 Aprasia Avenue.
- Munnagai Woggabaliri playground is located on Sunset Place in Montgomery Rise.
- Duncan Fields on Duncan Loop includes a playground with mini trampolines, a half court basketball court and toilets.
- Rockley Oval on Rockley Parade includes a cricket pitch, nets and AFL posts, and the playground includes a mini climbing wall and toilets.
- Beltana Park caters well for younger children and is adjacent to Club Googong and the tennis courts on Beltana Avenue. It also has toilets.
- Aprasia Park and John Carragh Park are located on roads with the same names.
- Our netball courts and pump track are located on Heazlett Street. The pump track includes three courses from beginner to advanced. The site includes toilets.
- Our Skate Park (and basketball court) is open on Wellsvale Drive.
- Bunyip Park is located at our Sales Centre, 5 Glenrock Drive Googong, and has an amazing Bunyip themed climbing structure and overlooks Bunyip Park and lake. This park includes toilets.
All parks except Aprasia Park, include BBQ's, shelter and tables.
Barkley Park is the largest and most popular of our two dog parks, and includes a huge dam to get water loving dogs excited. Barkley Park is located on Duncan Loop. A third dog park, Scentral Bark, will open in Googong Central in 2023.
If you've heard about our Giant Chair , you can find it in the small park on Courtney Street.
Of course, if you lived here in Googong, you could do any of those things on the spur of the moment, whenever you wanted to. Just sayin’.